Decorating a new home or making over an existing space can be a stressful task; you may decide to hire some professional help to achieve a better look for a particular area. Put some thought into selecting an interior decorator since they will be making decisions on an area you will have to live in. Here are some helpful tips to successfully find the right interior decorator.
- The first step is establishing your decorating wants and needs to give potential interior decorators a jumping-off point and create goals of the project. Make a list of the desired outcomes and feel of the space, along with the spending amount. It will be easier to communicate with the interior decorator if you already have a concrete idea for the area.
- Seek advice from family and friends for recommendations and visit individual homes or places to see the work of suggested decorators. If the space is appealing to you, call the decorator and set up a meeting.
- Use resources to locate potential interior decorators. Consider a great directory like Canada 411, which provides valuable information on businesses and individuals in various locations throughout Canada.
- Interview potential interior decorators to make sure the decorator has the necessary experience and views to meet your requirements. Seek someone who listens to your needs and concerns. Look at their portfolios and/or websites to see examples of their work.
- Consider choosing an interior decorator with formal training and professional designation.
- When finding an interior decorator, look for those in your local area to minimize travel costs.